Levied by the Central Government, excise duty is applicable on the manufacturing of products mentioned in the first schedule of Central Excise Tariff Act 1985. The Central Excise Act 1944 is the act that governs all the other laws related to central excise. It consists of rules, acts, circulars, notifications and trade notices that focus on the levy of excise duty on the manufacturing process.
COMPLIANCE AND PROCEDURAL SUPPORT:
- Obtaining required registration.
- Assistance in obtaining benefits under the Excise law and Export benefit schemes.
- Processing of refunds under various rules and notifications under Excise Laws.
- Verification of accounting data and documentation before filing of Returns.
- Filing of various Intimations with the Statutory Authorities.
- Reconciliation of accounting data with Returns.
- Comprehensive adapting clients accounting database to make them department friendly.
CONSULTING AND ADVISORY:
- Tax Structuring and Optimization strategies.
- Transactional Support Service for existing transaction or transaction proposed to be entered.
- Tax policy formulations.
- Assessment and impact studies of whole business keeping in view the Excise liabilities and compliances.
- Preparation of Compliance Manuals, Standard Operating Policy and Procedure (SOP) Manuals.
- Advise on drafting of commercial agreements with regards to Excise impact thereon.
- Active representation in handling Preventive Cases either in case of search, enquiry or investigation at any level or type of departmental agency.
- Advising and guidance on various issues under Excise law.
- Design, implementation and review of accounting manuals so as to enable data collection for Excise purposes.
- Training of Staff to bring them on par with the current requirement in law and data processing.
- Advising on Maintenance of statutory records and registers.
- Handling Liaison with Excise department.
- Opinions on relevant Excise law issues.
LEGAL SUPPORT AND REPRESENTATION & FOLLOW UP:
- Representation with the Central Board of Excise and Customs on issues against the industry.
- Handling Departmental Audits.
- Handling Scrutiny/preventive cases.
- Handling Search cases.
- Drafting and filing replies and attending hearings to Show cause notices with statutory authorities.
- Drafting appeals & submissions and personal appearances with Commissioner (Appeals) and CESTAT.